Thursday, January 7, 2010

Og Mandino - The Victory of Success




One of my favorite authors of inspirational books is Og Mandino. Although his full name was Augustine Mandino, named after his grandfather, he went by the nickname “Og.” He was born December 12, 1923 and died on September 3, 1996. As a writer Og wrote over 20 books including The Choice and The Greatest Secret in the World.

No inspiration library should be without some of his writing, as the theme of his work contains many strategies for success and the development of a full and rich life.

His books also contain many, many great and inspiring quotes. Some of my personal favorites include:

“My dreams are worthless, my plans are dust, my goals are impossible. All are of no value unless they are followed by action. I will act now.”

“Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.”

“I am here for a purpose and that purpose is to grow into a mountain, not to shrink to a grain of sand. Henceforth will I apply ALL my efforts to become the highest mountain of all and I will strain my potential until it cries for mercy.”

“Always render more and better service than is expected of you, no matter what your task may be.”

“The victory of success is half won when one gains the habit of setting goals and achieving them. Even the most tedious chore will become endurable as you parade through each day convinced that every task, no matter how menial or boring, brings you closer to fulfilling your dreams.”

“Live this day as if it will be your last. Remember that you will only find ''tomorrow'' on the calendars of fools. Forget yesterday's defeats and ignore the problems of tomorrow. This is it. Doomsday. All you have. Make it the best day of your year. The saddest words you can ever utter are, ''If I had my life to live over again. ''Take the baton, now. Run with it! This is your day! Beginning today, treat everyone you meet, friend or foe, loved one or stranger, as if they were going to be dead at midnight. Extend to each person, no matter how trivial the contact, all the care and kindness and understanding and love that you can muster, and do it with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again.”

If you have not yet taken the opportunity to read some of the books written by Og Mandino, make a point of doing so this year. You will be glad you did, and will be the wiser for it.

Feel free to share your thoughts with me as well. I would love to know your impression!
To your continued success!!

No comments:

Post a Comment